New Editions for 2020
NEW EDITION of our Blackstone's Counter-Terrorism Handbook is available to order!
PNLD and Counter Terrorism Policing have collaborated with legal professionals and academics to write the fourth edition of Blackstone's Counter-Terrorism Handbook.
The handbook, which inludes personal forewords from the Assistant Commissioner of Specialist Operations Neil Basu QPM, Jonathan Hall QC, Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation and a Head of Unit perspective from Detective Chief Superintendent Martin Snowden in the North East, was published earlier this month. It provides pratitioners with an operational guide to terrorism and the law, covering the latest legislation, national strategies and frameworks.
Marnie Ratcliffe, from PNLD and one of the authors said, "As with previous editions a lot of hard work has gone into the book to ensure that it is accurate and relevant for our readers. This edition has seen significant changes to the layout, which we hope, will make it easier to use. The legislative chapters have been brought up to date and include changes made by the Counter-Terrorism and Border Security Act 2019. The amended content is also reflected on PNLD's website. The fourth edition has seen a greater cooperation between Legal Advisers at PNLD and CT practitioners to enable us to produce the best edition to date".
The Fourth edition contains:
- A detailed insight into CT powers and provisions, with explanatory notes; covering points to prove, powers of arrest, related case law and practical considerations
- All relevant legislation (new and revised), the CONTEST Counter-Terrorism strategy, the National Security Strategy and the principles of CT practise
- A summary of the current threat in the UK covering the last five years and the principles of UK national threat assessment and grading
- Cabinet Office Briefing Room guidance together with case studies and operational scenarios to illustrate the practical application of counter-terrorism laws
The handbook is publicly available and can be purchased from the Oxford University Press website. Officers and staff can get 20% off all PNLD titles using the code ALFLY5F at the checkout.
NEW EDITION of our Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook 2020 is available to order!
Whatever your role - police patrol officer, supervisor, student police officer, PCSO or Special Constable - this is an invaluable tool for operational personnel.
- The only portable, succinct law reference for police officers on the beat
- Covers over 100 different offences in the areas of general crime, assults, drugs, sexual offences, public disorder, firearms, licensing, and road traffic
- Written and endorsed by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) - the officially endorsed online legal information service for police forces in England and Wales
- Clearly lays out all legislation you need on patrol along with points to prove, powers of arrest, related cases, and practical considerations
- Useful appendices at the back of the book contain religious dates and events, traffic data, a firearms ages chart, and a handy contact and web addresses
- Fully up to date with the latest legislation, including the Policing and Crime Act 2017. The book also includes changes to the PACE Codes of Practice and new HO/MOJ Circulars guidance.
Get an exclusive 20% discount when ordering titles via PNLD through the Oxford University Press website, please quote code: ALFLY5F.